Thursday, February 3, 2011

Getting to know my little pea.

Thank you so much to everyone for the emails and facebook comments after I blogged last week about finding a lump in my breast. 

Just a quick update...

I had an ultra sound last week and finally (finally!) got the results today, which are of course inconclusive.  I have an "indeterminate" nodule...meaning they don't know what it is.  The advice is to wait for three months, and if it is still there, have a biopsy.

I'm not sure if I like that advice very much.  That means carrying around this little pea that is most noticeable.  To me anyway.  I know it's there.  You can't see it, but it can most easily be felt.  I find myself unconsciously touching it throughout the day (not in a Divinyls way, of course - remember that song?)

So I'm deciding what to do next.  Perhaps see a breast surgeon and get a second opinion.  Or just live with my little pea for 3 months and wait it out.  Either way, my little pea will be there for a while longer and I'll get to know it a little better. 

And I'll keep on running.  Me and my little pea.

My gut tells me everything is fine.  But I wouldn't mind being pea-less sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment